Sunday, August 3, 2008

Upgrading to CFW 4.01

Once I had CFW 3.80 M33-5, I was eager to upgrade to the latest and greatest (or so I thought) version.

For this, I used the Network Update option in the XMB. This has been hacked to download the latest CFW instead of an OFW update. Though the look and feel of the process remains simillar to doing an official firmware upgrade.

The update process prompted for a missing 401.pbp file and asked permission to download from the internet. Once I clicked (x) to allow this, it connected to the internet and downloaded the required file.

A warning message to make sure we don't run out of power or pull out the stick during the upgrade and then it gets to its job.

Once update completed; press (x) to restart.

And Voila!! We are on CFW 4.01 M33-2

No comments: